INCI Name: Isopropyl Myristate
Our Isoproyl Myristate is USP grade. Quality and purity guaranteed.
This skin care additive is FDA registered as a cosmetic ingredient.
This ingredient helps gives a silky smooth and velvet texture when making cosmetics such as personal skin care products.
This branched ester is made from the combination of isopropyl alcohol and the naturally derived fatty acid myristic acid.
Isopropyl Myristate Uses
Typical use as an an additive found in products like men's aftershaves, creams, lotions, shampoos, make-up removers, deodorants, etc.
Isopropyl Myristate has gained popularity owing to its unique ability to minimize the greasy feel caused by the high oil content of other ingredients in a product especially butters and lotion bars.
DIY Tips and Tricks
- Typical usage level of 1 to 20%
- 1 to 5% will keep your products feeling slick
- Higher concentrations will lift surface dirt and make-up and can be drying
- Use this cosmetic ingredient to help other ingredients absorb deeper into skin
- Use this cosmetic ingredient to reduce the tack, or residue from other ingredients
- May be used to dilute fragrance oils